Univention team pleased to announce the availability of UCS 4.1-2 on
May 10, 2016. Univention Corporate Server (UCS) is a Debian-based distribution with integrated management system for central administration of servers and Microsoft Active Directory compatible domain services. This is Second point release from 4.1-x branch which mainly focused on all errata updates issued for UCS 4.1-1 and provides various improvements and bug fixes.
What’s new/change in Univention 4.1-2
- The Active Directory Connector now uses Active Directory standard interfaces for synchronizing the password hashes. Thus, the Windows password synchronization service is no longer needed.
- The update to Samba 4.3.7 includes various security updates. In addition, several issues have been fixed, for example, failed login attempts are now counted correctly.
- Several important security updates have been integrated in UCS 4.1-2, among others for Samba, Apache, OpenSSL and the GNU C Library (glibc).
- The presentation of the Apps in the Univention App Center has been improved, among others the App license terms are now displayed.
- The UMC support for mobile devices has been improved.
- The module to manage the DNS settings has been revised significantly.