Wine (originally an acronym for “Wine Is Not an Emulator”) is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, Mac OSX, & BSD.
Wine team proudly announced the new development release of 1.9.10 on
May 17, 2016 with total of 25 bug fixes and new features.
What’s new/bug fixes in Wine 1.9.10
- High resolution (“Retina”) rendering option on Mac OS X.
- More compatible directory enumeration.
- A number of C++ runtime fixes.
- Video output improvements.
- Various bug fixes.
- tooltips not working properly – message problems
- Multiple applications need ‘reg.exe’ ‘query’ operation implementation
- iexplore images.google.com doesn’t work
- NordicBet Poker-client fails to install
- Java JRE 8 installer ‘jre-8uXX-windows-i586.exe’ crashes on startup
- Stars! tooltips have wrong background color
- Office 2007 shows error message “Unexpected error during export” when trying to export document as PDF file
- Microsoft Word Viewer 11.8 does not show text on file properties dialog until the text is selected
- AfterEffects CS6 crashes at launch