Tar is a archiving utility, stores and extracts files from a tape or disk archive. Sergey Poznyakoff announced the release of Tar 1.29 on
May 16, 2016. We can add
bzip2 with tar command to compress highly. you can use Tar on previously created archives to extract files, to store additional files, or to update or list files which were already stored. Every server administrator need to know the tar command and the usages.
Download & Install on TAR
Changes on Tar 1.29
- New options: –verbatim-files-from, –no-verbatim-files-from
- The –null option reads file names verbatim
- New options: –owner-map=FILE and –group-map=FILE
- New option: –clamp-mtime
- Deprecated –preserve option removed
- If possible, use SEEK_DATA/SEEK_HOLE to detect sparse files.