DNF Dandified Yum is the next generation of Yum Package Manager. It does package management using RPM, libsolv and hawkey libraries. For metadata handling and package downloads it utilizes librepo. To process and effectively handle the comps data it uses libcomps.
Yum replaced by DNF due to several long-term problems in Yum which was not solved.
The new release of DNF 1.1.9 was released on
May 19, 2016 will print warning when we are using any non-API methods.
Download & Install on DNF 1.1.9
bugs fixed on DNF 1.1.9
- dnf “autoremove” command has no description in dnf –help
- dnf groupinstall ignores errors
- diskspacecheck=0 in dnf.conf has no effect
- UnicodeEncodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode characters in position 342-343: ordinal not in range(128)
- TypeError: unhashable type: ‘YumHistoryPackageState’
- dnf upgrade –exclude kernel* through the error : /usr/lib64/python3.5/re.py:203: FutureWarning: split() requires a non-empty pattern match has been fixed