This is the first release candidate for wayland 1.11 & Weston 1.11 on
May 24, 2016. There have been only a few minor changes since the beta.
Download & Install Wayland and Weston Version 1.10.93
Changes on Wayland Version 1.10.93
- Proxy wrappers were introduced, which help avoid race conditions in multi-threaded clients.
- Wayland’s shared memory (shm) received several improvements
- Documentation now includes HTML generation of doxygen comments in the source code.
- This provides client-side and server-side API documentation, allowing developers easier reference to Wayland’s functionality from the web
- Add –version arg for wayland-scanner.
- Add summaries to protocol event parameters.
- Make scanner’s stack non-executable, for security purposes.
- Fix configuration with –disable-dtd-validation due to incorrect autoconf variable name.
- Various fixes and enhancements to test cases.
- Various code cleanups related to header includes
Changes on Weston Version 1.10.93
- Another major area of development focused on the IVI shell and related code. Huge amounts of cleanup, refactoring, and documentation copyediting are helping polish this codebase.
- Add a ‘get_label’ functionality for debugging purposes in ivi-shell
- Straighten out configuration calls from ivi-layout.c to ivi-shell.c, allowing configure events to be sent more directly.
- Remove ivi-shell surface transitions when the surface itself gets removed.
- Fix build to not enable systemd-login unless dbus is present.
- Straighten out the handling of systemd CFLAGS
- Make jpeglib an optional dependency (–with-jpeg/–without-jpeg)
- Various other cleanups to build logic.
- Add new icons for weston terminal, flower, and editor clients
- Cleanup eventdemo output and minor refactoring
- Fix crash on destruction of clients with two or more surfaces