Alpine Linux team announced the release of Alpine 3.4.0 on
May 31, 2016 it’s first release in the version 3.4 series.
Changes on Alpine 3.4.0
• Linux 4.4 kernel.
• New iso image for virtual machines: alpine-virt.
• Improved support for the Raspberry Pi ecosystem.
• Support for DNS search domains in /etc/resolv.conf.
• ruby 2.3.
• postgresql 9.5.
• PHP packages have been renamed from php to php5.
• The service cron has been renamed to crond.
• busybox ping now uses unprivileged ICMP sockets so the binary does not need to be suid root. This means that you need to be in a group with gid between 999-59999 to be permitted to send pings.
• Most ruby-* packages have been removed. You should use gem instead.
• evince 3.20
• libreoffice 5.1
• Mate desktop 1.14
• qt5 5.6